IAMCP India West , the Premier Partner Association of Microsoft Partners , had its 26th Meeting on June 11, 2011 . The Main Keynote was Office365 and the purpose of the meeting was to prepare the partners for the Microsoft Office365 , the next Gen Cloud offering from Microsoft .
To adequately prepare the partners for this meeting , IAMCP had 2 interesting sessions :
April meeting had keynote of Virtualization
May meeting had keynote of Private Cloud
So coming into June , partners were fairly clear about the concept of Cloud . The keynote speaker was Mr. Gaurav Dharasania , a Microsoft Technology Specialist . The venue of the meeting was LARCH Conference room in Microsoft Mumbai Office.
Some key messages which came during the keynote were:
- On Office365, even 1 user subscription is possible
- You can schedule LIVE Meeting via Outlook or Communicator
- There is a role based admin access for example one type of admin can only create users . Other could create and delete users , etc
- At the launch, Office365 users can chat with LIVE and Hotmail users
- In Deskless Exchange SKU, POP3 is possible
- Security features available are Journaling , Litigation Hold, Archive, retention Policy
- Video & Audio Conference outside LAN is possible ( in BPOS it was bpossible only within LAN)
- Multiple Plans available from Small & Mid Businesses going to Enterprises.
- Rich co-existence possible with On Premise Solutions of Microsoft
All Partners were delighted to learn about the rich functionality of Office365 and were of an opinion that Microsoft has a clear winner with Office365 .
After the Office365 session , we had another session on Brand Building for Solution Providers which was presented by a well known Brand Consultant Mr. Suneel Agarwal.
After the sessions ended , the speakers were presented with IAMCP India branded momento during vote of thanks . And thus ended the wonderful learning session.
To know more about IAMCP India , please watch the video here .
To connect with IAMCP India on Facebook, click here
Have a Great Day !
Microsoft MVP 2009