After the announcement yesterday from Microsoft on launch of office365 , I did some research today on the same. I have a lot more clarity today . Let me share some of my findings:
1) Office365 is the new version of today’s BPOS
2) It will be available in different flavours for Small Business ( less than 25 users @ USD 6) and also for Mid and Large Enterprises ( USD 2 to USD 27 per user per month)
3) For Small Business , it will combine Exchange 2010, Sharepoint 2010 , Lync (next gen LIVE Meeting & Communicator) , Office Webapps and a Website.
4) Mid & Large Enterprises also have option of adding on premise Office 2010 for a deal at USD 27 per user per month .
5) OfficeLIVE and LIVE@edu will get folded into Office365 .
I am personally not happy with the fact that OfficeLIVE gets folded into Office365. That’s a step back . We will just allow many Small Businesses to walk into the arms of GoogleApps Std.
What do you think of this announcement ?
with warm regards
Microsoft MVP 2009
IAMCP India West Founder President