Today I want to share with you details of an exciting promo from Microsoft for Small Business Customers. As per the promo details , if a Customer purchases Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 ( SBS) with 5 Client Access Licenses ( approx cost Rs. 25,000/=) , he gets 10 Client Access Licenses ABSOLUTELY FREE ! The regular cost of 1 Client License is Rs. 4000/= . So on a purchase of Rs. 25000/= , he gets free Cals worth Rs. 40,000/= . It can’t get better than this ! Note that offer is valid till 30th October 2008.
Ok, so now you have a great offer from Microsoft . How do you position SBS to your Customers? Do you sell it as a great product? My guess is that selling it as a great offer will not work. First do a good job of positioning it as a Complete Solution . My list of Top 10 Benefits of SBS would include:
· A Push email Solution allowing users to access mails, contacts, calendars using smart phones
· A robust Email system for single and multi location Companies
· A Shared Address book allowing multiple users to access a single address book
· A File & Print Server System allowing you to share printers, Internet access, data
· A Document Management System
· An Intranet Solution
· A Remote Web Work Solution allowing mobile workers to work on their office desktops from outside the office
· A Server based anti spam solution.
· A Network faxing Solution allowing you to fax from every PC in the network
· A Data Backup Solution for small Companies
Once you have done the positioning correctly, then I see no reason why the Customer will not accept the solution. Let me tell you that a well configured SBS Solution can beat any other Solution hollow ( including any open source solution) on value proposition .
If you feel you do not have the in house expertise to implement the Solution, that should not stop you. Use this as an opportunity to partner with someone who has the expertise. Chances are that you may end up selling lot of hardware and networking to your Customer. Maybe your Partner would even share some service revenue with you . Partnering will help you to give your Customers a World Class Server Solution . Do not be afraid of Partnering . Just DO IT !
with warm regards
Live with Passion 🙂